Full Body Quick Fixes:
1. Start out by beating the tired look by drinking 2 glasses of water right out of bed. Our bodies are like a sponge. Without water we crinkle up and look tired. An even better alternative is Coconut water. It's nature’s best isotonic drink for a rapid perk-me-up. A glass of this heaven’s dew will detoxify your body and replenish dehydrated skin with the perfect balance of fluids and electrolytes keeping you feeling cool, calm and it tastes yummy too!
2. Exercise to get circulation going. Climbing just a few flights of steps will fully oxygenate your skin and give an immediate glow. Sloth begets fatigue, so keep moving, even if you simply get a small workout in by walking or doing the steps.
3.To combat eye puffiness, drink a “draining” herbal tea leading into your week and through the week.
DIY Eye Treatments For Puffiness:
1. Place slices of cucumber or a cold tea bag directly on your eye. The following ingredients also help with dark circles and puffiness: green tea (soothing antioxidant complex, helps reduce puffiness), dipotassium glycyrrhizate from licorice (calms on contact, gets control of under eye circles), glycosaminoglycans (help diminish under eye circles), and collagen.
2. For an immediate last minute fix, it’s best to go with the old fashioned remedy of chilled spoons. Hold them on your under eyes for 20 seconds on each eye.
1. In the morning apply a few drops of RODIN olio lusso face oil, or your fave face oil and massage it in for 5 minutes.
2. Try a mask for an instant burst of radiance. It’s a perfect quick fix as you only need to leave it on for 10 minutes (while you do other things like finish your hair). Look for a mask with non-sensitizing ingredients like Papaya Enzyme that will offer a micro-exfoliation without the redness.
1. Stay away from white eyeliner pencils, no matter what you’ve heard. If you apply a flesh colored pencil you can achieve a more appealing result. It will brighten and blend easier into your own skin tone while canceling the redness on the water line of the eye. You can also use eyedrops to eliminate red eyes.
2. For eyeshadow, stay away from dark colors when you look tired. Try using an eyeshadow a couple of shades lighter then your own natural skin tone. A soft grey beige color or light lilac shade looks nice. But always try to keep it lighter in the corners of the eye. A quick swipe of a soft iridescent on the whole eye will also work. But not glitter…you don't want to look like a disco ball!
3. Nothing makes your eyes look more awake than long, flirty lashes. After curling, hold the mascara brush at the base of your lashes, and wiggle back and forth to the tip. The wiggling action will quickly give you maximum length, coverage and separation. Mascara that’s too thick or heavy can weigh the eyes down – this lengthening and separating effect makes the eyes look bright and alert.
Other Makeup Tricks:
1. Choose an appropriate highlighter shade and apply in strategic areas that look dark and shadowy – under eyes, inner corner of eyes, corners of nose and mouth, chin cleft and center of nose – this will do double duty of eliminating any redness and add that light. It’s a reflecting effect that banishes shadows. If you need an extra boost of light, use a neutral shade especially under eyes, on upper cheeks and below brows.
2. Use an illuminating hydrating light foundation or tinted moisturiser instead of a heavy foundation. This will automatically unify your skin, make it look dewy, youthful and fresh.
3. When tired, our complexions can look drained. With your ring finger, dab a bit of blush in your fave shade high up on your cheekbones and blend. Keeping it high will give your face a lift – and dab any excess above your brows and blend well, this will really brighten you up. Use a bit more than you normally would– but don't apply it on your apples, apply it more to your cheekbones for a lift. Add a bit of bronzer to give your face some warmth to it.
4. Make sure your lips are not dry, use a lip balm with a hint of colour to it so that your lips can look juicy and plump. Skip lipstick and lipliner.
Remember: Do not overdo any product, less is more and be careful with placement!
Much Love & Peace Xx